N91 Women mixer on Sunday?

Mark Tinka mark at tinka.africa
Fri Mar 29 05:33:40 UTC 2024

On 3/29/24 07:03, Eric Parsonage wrote:

> It's easily fixed by having a mixer at the same time for the other
> half of the gathering population thus showing all the population
> gathering matters equally.

My memory is a little fuzzy, but I think I recall one of the early WiT
lunches hosted at NANOG that was women-only, where some men were upset
for being "left out". Whether that was good or bad is less important
than understanding what the outcome of a women-only activity is for
women, especially for those for whom it may not be immediately obvious.

While equal access to opportunity between the genders is the most
effective policy, I think there is utility in women having their own
session, given that they face unique challenges in an industry where
they are the minority operators.

Mark.