N91 Women mixer on Sunday?

Mark Tinka mark at tinka.africa
Fri Mar 29 05:17:12 UTC 2024

On 3/29/24 06:20, Ren Provo wrote:

> I beg to differ here and second Ilissa’s comments.  I miss WiT.  Lunch
> during the meeting worked.  Giving up more of the weekend to travel
> does not show half the population gathering matters.

It would be interesting to survey the % of attending women who:

     - Would be able to make the mixer.
     - Would not be able to make the mixer due to family commitments.
     - Would not be able to make the mixer due to non-family commitments.
     - Would prefer a different women's meeting format and/or activity.

I think this data would be useful because while some women may voice
difficulty with attending the mixer (or wanting a different women's
meeting format/activity), it might be premature to attribute that
difficulty to all women that would be in attendance.

Understanding where the majority of women lie can help the NANOG PC make
better decisions about how to support both the majority and minority of
women as it pertains to a mixer or other activity women may like to
participate in at or around the conference.

Mark.