Open source Netflow analysis for monitoring AS-to-AS traffic

Tom Beecher beecher at beecher.cc
Thu Mar 28 18:35:27 UTC 2024

Yeah, cost to implement dst_as_path lookups far outweighs the usefulness
IMO. If you really want that it's much better to get it via BMP. ( Same
with communities and localpref in the extended gateway definition of
sflow.  )

Fundamentally I've always disagreed with how sFlow aggregates flow data
with network state data. IMO you collect the two things separately, and
join them off-device should you need to for analysis.