registry for onmicrosoft[dot]com

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Sat Mar 9 04:57:14 UTC 2024

On Fri, 8 Mar 2024, Sean Donelan wrote:

> On Sat, 9 Mar 2024, Travis Garrison wrote:
>>  This would be a company that has registered for an office365 account.
>>  Office
>>  365 company accounts are registered as companyname [dot] onmicrosoft [dot]
>>  com. You then add domain aliases if you want to use your own preferred
>>  domain name.
>
> Microsoft "Know Your Customer"
>
> Just a sampling of company names used for an office365 account.
>
> n8uob4m[dot]onmicrosoft[dot]com
> xenfx49[dot]onmicrosoft[dot]com

header onmicrosoft_spammer      From =~ /<\S+\@\S+\.onmicrosoft\.com>/
score onmicrosoft_spammer       15
describe onmicrosoft_spammer    Reject mail from Microsoft spammer obfuscation service

After a bit of whack-a-mole with spam coming from various onmicrosoft.com
sub-domains, I arrived at the above, and haven't noticed any negative
effects.