Meta outage

Mike Lewinski mlewinski at massivenetworks.com
Tue Mar 5 19:40:27 UTC 2024

On Tue, 05 Mar 2024 12:17 -0700, Michael Rathbun <mdr at tesp.com> wrote:

> What I found intriguing was that I was logged out by Google Docs at the same
> moment FB logged me out.  Downdetector showed a number of other supposedly
> unrelated services with large outage report spikes at roughly the same time.

I was logged out of Honeywell's Total Connect Comfort site (remote thermostat control) at the same time FB logged me out. I'm not using OAUTH logins anywhere.

I had recently changed SSID and the thermostat wasn't accepting remote commands. I thought maybe the SSID change had broken it and had just deleted the device from the TCC site to try adding it back when I was logged out.

It's funny timing because earlier today I was telling an employee how we don't like to have our maintenance overlap with vendor's maintenance/repair window because when something breaks while we are making changes we can't always tell who is at fault.