route: 0.0.0.0/32 in LEVEL3 IRR

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Tue Jan 30 16:28:01 UTC 2024

Hi,

I got 2 bounces for the email addresses seen below for an email similar
to the below...

Anyone want to remove this IRR entry before anyone notices...???   ;-)

Frank

I believe that the entry of
route:          0.0.0.0/32

does not serve any good purpose?

I was surprised to see it in a list of prefixes from bgpq4 and the very
good https://irrexplorer.nlnog.net/prefix/0.0.0.0 guided me that it's in
"Level3".

I'm wondering how many auto-generated filters contain this unnecessary
prefix....

PS: Oh, just seen - it's from TODAY. Maybe remove before anyone sees it...?

Thanks for looking into this,
Frank

[frank at fisi ~]$ whois -h rr.level3.com 0.0.0.0/32
[Querying rr.level3.com]
[rr.level3.com]
route:          0.0.0.0/32
origin:         AS10753
mnt-by:         TCCGlobalNV-MNT
changed:        ankita.grewal at lumen.com
source:         LEVEL3
last-modified:  2024-01-30T11:04:49Z

[frank at fisi ~]$ whois -h rr.level3.com TCCGlobalNV-MNT
[Querying rr.level3.com]
[rr.level3.com]
mntner:         TCCGlobalNV-MNT
descr:          TCC Global N.V.
auth:           CRYPT-PW DummyValue  # Filtered for security
upd-to:         ripehostmaster at eu.centurylink.net
tech-c:         LTHM
admin-c:        LTHM
mnt-by:         TCCGlobalNV-MNT