Mail to Microsoft being falsely marked as spam/bulk

Christopher Hawker chris at thesysadmin.au
Sat Jan 20 11:07:39 UTC 2024

Hi folks,

I'm having an issue with Microsoft email filtering, where it is flagging
messages from a private mail server as spam, with an SCL of 9 and a BCL of
7, resulting in it being sent to the Junk folder.

We are not seeing this issue with Google's mail environment (being filtered
to junk), confirmed that SPF, DMARC and DKIM are all correct and valid and
that the domain and IP addresses are not on any block lists.

If there is anyone from Microsoft around that can look into mail issues,
could you please reach out to me off-list? Or if anyone has any
ideas/suggestions as to how to resolve this, I'd be thankful to hear from
you.

Thanks,
Christopher Hawker