One Can't Have It Both Ways Re: Streamline the CG-NAT Re: EzIP Re: IPv4 address block

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri Jan 19 09:02:11 UTC 2024

Any host connected to a reasonably well peered ISP (e.g. NOT Cogent) with IPv6 should be able to communicate with any other such host so long as the administrative policies on both sides permit it.

I have no difficulty directly reaching a variety of IPv6 hosts from the /48 in my home.

However, it’s not like dial-up modem operations in the PSTN in that IP is an inherently connectionless packet switched service while modems were an inherently circuit switched connection oriented service.

However, it does work like IPv4 used to work before NAT made everything horrible.

Owen