"Hypothetical" Datacenter Overheating

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Thu Jan 18 17:03:07 UTC 2024

On 1/15/24 10:14, sronan at ronan-online.com wrote:
> I’m more interested in how you lose six chillers all at once.

According to a post on a support forum for one of the clients in that
space: "We understand the issue is due to snow on the roof affecting the
cooling equipment."

Never overlook the simplest single points of failure.  Snow on cooling
tower fan blades....failed fan motors are possible or even likely at
that point.  Assuming the airflow won't be clogged; conceptually much
like the issue in having multiple providers for redundancy but they're
all in the same cable or conduit.