Shared cache servers on an island's IXP

Jérôme Nicolle jerome at ceriz.fr
Thu Jan 18 14:42:41 UTC 2024

Hi Gael,

Le 18/01/2024 à 13:48, Gael Hernandez a écrit :
> Friends from PCH (www.pch.net <http://www.pch.net>) operate backend
> services for DNS authoritative ccTLDs and the Quad9 DNS resolver. They
> would be very happy to help.

I'm sure they would, I'm a big fan of their work BTW. Though hosting
them in a densely connected area isn't the same as it will in remote
locations, I guess there could be some work to be done to get it running
properly, as Stephane wrote.

How would you think we could work on that ? I mean, disconnected or
extremely high latency scenarii should be on a research roadmap by
SpaceX' standards, right ? ;-)

Best regards,

--
Jérôme Nicolle