"Hypothetical" Datacenter Overheating

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Tue Jan 16 18:40:39 UTC 2024

On Tue, Jan 16, 2024 at 10:30 AM Chris Adams <cma at cmadams.net> wrote:
> The back-room ISP I started at was at least owned by a company with
> their own small machine shop, so we had them make plates we could mount
> two Sportsters (sans top) to and slide them into card cages. 20 modems
> in a 5U cage!

The ISP where I worked bought wall-mounted wire shelves and routed the
serial cable through the shelf to stably hold the modems vertically in
place and apart from each other. Worked pretty well. The open shelving
let air move up past them keeping them cool and offered plenty of tie
points for cable management.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--