IPv6 Traffic Re: IPv6? Re: Where to Use 240/4 Re: 202401100645.AYC Re: IPv4 address block

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Tue Jan 16 07:02:05 UTC 2024

On Mon, 15 Jan 2024 at 21:08, Michael Thomas <mike at mtcc.com> wrote:

> An ipv4 free network would be nice, but is hardly needed. There will
> always be a long tail of ipv4 and so what? You deal with it at your

I mean Internet free DFZ, so that everyone is not forced to maintain
two stacks at extra cost, fragility and time. Any protocols at the
inside networks are fine, as long as you're meeting the Internet with
IPv6-only stack. I'm sure there are CLNS, IPX, AppleTalk etc networks
there, but that doesn't impose a cost to everyone wanting to play.

--
  ++ytti