Burn Rate? Re: 202401100645.AYC Re: IPv4 address block

Abraham Y. Chen aychen at avinta.com
Sat Jan 13 17:14:49 UTC 2024

Hi, Niels:

0)    Your sender name is in an unusual format. It becomes just the
generic NANOG address as the recipient for me to MSG send to.

1)   "  You have posted this statement like five times now in the past
two days.   ":

     Perhaps so, I have been responding to numerous comments since my
initial post in response to Karim Mekkaoui's inquiry. Since I have to
address each individually, some from different angles, while some others
are new discussions or debates, it is no surprise that the same
expression has been used more than once to deal with them respectively.
If you count this specific item on the sideline, you definitely will see
the repeats. The important criterion here is whether any of them are out
of the context? (To be honest with you, I myself feel that I have been
playing broken records on this pretty simple and straightforward topic.)

2)   " Who is asking for this expansion of 100.64/10 (which you
misspelled, by the way)?    ":

     Thanks for catching the typo. My understanding is that there is a
general desire (human nature) to get a larger netblock than 100.64/10 in
CG-NAT. This could be used for either growing market or less dynamic
reassignment. The 240/4 can provide additional benefits to CG-NAT
operations such as static addressing that no one has realized possible.
So, I am putting the solution on the table. This is a basic process of
sharing the new discoveries. Is there anything wrong with the process?
On the other hand, if RFC6598 had picked 240/4 instead of 100.64/10 as
the netblock, we do not need today's discussions.

Regards,

Abe (2024-01-13 12:14)