Root Cause Re: 202401102221.AYC Re: Streamline The CG-NAT Re: 202401100645.AYC Re: IPv4 address block

Abraham Y. Chen aychen at avinta.com
Fri Jan 12 19:55:10 UTC 2024

Hi, Tony:

0)    As the saying goes, there is more than one way to skin a cat. We
do not need to address a request by literally following the thought
trend. In troubleshooting, engineers are taught to look for the
Root-Cause which more than often turns out to be something else
originally thought. In this case, the "Any idea" hints that requester is
open-minded for possible alternatives other than stated on the surface.

1)    When reviewing a problem, we need to go one or more steps toward
the source or the origin to look for the solution. Since the predominant
operation model is CDN supported by CG-NAT, the primary reason to look
for a publicly routable IPv4 address is to create another CG-NAT
cluster. On the other hand, if there is a way to expand the capacity of
the existing CG-NAT cluster, the need for additional publicly routable
IPv4 address is reduced.

Regards,

Abe (2024-01-12 14:54)