Streamline the CG-NAT Re: 202401101433.AYC Re: EzIP Re: 202401100645.AYC Re: IPv4 address block

Christopher Hawker chris at thesysadmin.au
Fri Jan 12 12:30:46 UTC 2024

"Source NAT changes the source address in IP header of a packet. It may
also change the source port in the TCP/UDP headers. The typical usage is to
change the a private (rfc1918) address/port into a public address/port for
packets leaving your network."

"Destination NAT changes the destination address in IP header of a packet.
It may also change the destination port in the TCP/UDP headers.The typical
usage of this is to redirect incoming packets with a destination of a
public address/port to a private IP address/port inside your network."

Source:
https://serverfault.com/questions/119365/what-is-the-difference-between-a-source-nat-destination-nat-and-masquerading

Regards,
Christopher Hawker