Why are paper LOAs still used?

joenanog at nym.hush.com joenanog at nym.hush.com
Mon Feb 26 19:13:53 UTC 2024

One thing that I recently read on this mailing list, is that at least in the US, a transmitting a fraudulent LOA is a federal crime - wire fraud. [0]

Being able to hopefully charge and convict someone performing fraud is a useful deterrent.

-joe

[0] - https://pc.nanog.org/static/published/meetings/NANOG77/2108/20191028_Elverson_Your_As_Is_v1.pdf, page 13.