Why are paper LOAs still used?

Matt Erculiani merculiani at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 19:13:31 UTC 2024

A paper LOA is a legally binding document, an IRR record is an IRR record.

Falsifying an LOA that is transmitted digitally is wire fraud and can
basically be handed right over to a DA for injunction and prosecution.

Falsifying IRR records on the other hand leaves more work for the ISP's
lawyers to walk a judge (and jury) through the entire purpose and use of
that system, as opposed to "here's a super important sheet of paper that
they lied on case closed".

-Matt

--
Matt Erculiani