TFTP over anycast

Thomas Mieslinger miesi at mail.com
Thu Feb 22 20:52:28 UTC 2024

I do NTP, DHCP, TFTP, DNS, HTTP anycast.

NTP, DNS and HTTP with ECMP, TFTP and DHCP as active/active on a per
Datacenter Basis.

These are small Datacenters with less than 50k Servers each.

In every datacenter an anycast node is active and the router just
chooses the shortest path.

It becomes tricky for DHCP if a location has the same cost to more than
one anycast Node. For this case we have setup a DHCP nodes in two
datacenters using different local-preferences to simulate a failover
active/passive setup.

Cheers
Thomas