IPv6 uptake (was: The Reg does 240/4)

Justin Streiner streinerj at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 18:22:31 UTC 2024

We went pretty deep into the weeds on NAT in this thread - far deeper than
I expected ;)

Getting back to the recently revised topic of this thread - IPv6 uptake -
what have peoples' experiences been related to crafting sane v6 firewall
rulesets in recent products from the major firewall players (Palo Alto,
Cisco, Fortinet, etc)?  On the last major v6 deployment I did, working with
the firewalls was definitely one of the major pain points because the
support / stability was really lacking, or there wasn't full feature parity
between their v4 and v6 capabilities.

Thank you
jms