The Reg does 240/4

Brian Knight ml at knight-networks.com
Thu Feb 15 21:04:34 UTC 2024

On 2024-02-15 13:10, Lyndon Nerenberg (VE7TFX/VE6BBM) wrote:
> I've said it before, and I'll say it again:
>
>   The only thing stopping global IPv6 deployment is
>   Netflix continuing to offer services over IPv4.
>
> If Netflix dropped IPv4, you would see IPv6 available *everywhere*
> within a month.

As others have noted, and to paraphrase a long-ago quote from this
mailing list, I'm sure all of Netflix's competitors hope Netflix does
that.

I remain hopeful that the climbing price of unique, available IPv4
addresses eventually forces migration to v6. From my armchair, only
through economics will this situation will be resolved.

> --lyndon

-Brian