The Reg does 240/4

Christopher Hawker chris at thesysadmin.au
Thu Feb 15 11:29:32 UTC 2024

Owen,

This is the first time we've presented this case so I'm uncertain as to how you've come to the conclusion that I've "presented [my] case numerous times" and that we "continue to persist".

I also don't know how us diverting energy from 240/4 towards IPv6 deployment in privately-owned networks will help. People cannot be made to adopt IPv6 (although IMO they should) and until they are ready to do so we must continue to support IPv4, for new and existing networks. While we can encourage and help people move towards IPv6 we can't force adoption through prevention of access to IPv4.

Regards,
Christopher Hawker