The Reg does 240/4

Christopher Hawker chris at thesysadmin.au
Wed Feb 14 23:34:32 UTC 2024

John,

If you feel that it is wasted time, you are welcome to not partake in the discussion. Your remarks have been noted.

It's all well and good to say that "more sites could have IPv6 if time wasn't being wasted on 240/4" however we can only do so much regarding the deployment of v6 within networks we manage. All we can do is educate people on the importance of IPv6 uptake, we can not force people to adopt it. The only way to rapidly accelerate the uptake of IPv6 is for networks is to either offer better rates for v6 transit, or disable v4 connectivity completely.

Otherwise v6 connectivity is going to dawdle at the current rate it is.

Regards,
Christopher Hawker