[External] Re: The Reg does 240/4

Hunter Fuller hf0002+nanog at uah.edu
Tue Feb 13 20:47:29 UTC 2024

On Tue, Feb 13, 2024 at 12:17 PM Bryan Holloway <bryan at shout.net> wrote:
> https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ROS/Routing+Protocol+Overview
>
> Ping across? Sure. Ok. But I wouldn't rely on it for anything critical.

Well that's certainly interesting.
You will not see me sticking up for MikroTik's documentation, ever. I
don't think the table reflects the reality of ROS 7, there's even a
note that "Routed traffic does not work to odd address" in one
version. I know that to be false, because, well, I do this in
production, and I suspect I would have noticed if the niche
functionality of "routing" suddenly stopped working.

Maybe this document refers to the literal configuration of a /31. But
I always configure them as point to points, as I mentioned before. But
there again, in the documentation, that ability is totally missing...
great.

--
Hunter Fuller (they)
Router Jockey