The Reg does 240/4

Tony Wicks tony at wicks.co.nz
Tue Feb 13 18:44:12 UTC 2024

I use a CCR2004 at home as it's one of the only devices that could handle
the 4Gb/s XGS-PON on pppoe. I've got an IPoE GPON (1000/500) failover, v4/v6
dual stack everywhere, incoming vpn and ipsec tunnels to other MT's and it
run's great. The only problem I have run into is if you run the 10G ports at
2.5G the buffering is a complete bust, so I have had to put cheap
10G/2.5G/1G switches in between the MT and 2.5G clients to achieve proper
performance. Oh, and some custom cooling fans as it gets a bit noisy once
the 10GBASET SFP's heat things up.