IRRD & exceptions to RPKI-filtering

Job Snijders job at fastly.com
Mon Feb 12 21:18:28 UTC 2024

On Mon, Feb 12, 2024 at 04:07:52PM -0500, Geoff Huston wrote:
> > On 12 Feb 2024, at 3:14 pm, Job Snijders via NANOG <nanog at nanog.org> wrote:
> > At NANOG 90, Merit presented on their IRRd v4 deployment. At the
> > microphone Geoff Huston raised a comment which I interpreted as:
> >
> > [snip]
>
> no - I was making an observation that the presentation material was
> referring to "RPKI-Invalid" while their implementation was using
> "ROA-Invalid" There is a difference between these two terms, as I'm
> sure you're aware.

Thanks for the clarification! I guess I somehow got very confused
watching the webstream as to what your comment or ask was.

In any regard, - researchers, please just talk to IRRD operators if your
experiment requires the existence of RPKI/ROA-invalid route/route6
objects! There are ways to make it happen, but the default of course is
to keep things as tidy as possible :-)

Greetings from the Netherlands & sorry to miss N90,

Job