Help with removing DNS shinkhole FP from Charter/Spectrum

John R. Levine johnl at iecc.com
Tue Apr 23 01:23:17 UTC 2024

> I'm not sure where you saw that message, but I got this message via email
> after I submitted an unblock request with Spectrum Shield:
>
>> We have reviewed your request to unblock validin.com. This site was not
> found to be blocked by Spectrum Shield and should be accessible from your
> browser.

Sigh.

> I've cleaned up everything I could from that botched blocklist aggregation.
> However, there's no correction process for Spectrum's DNS sinkhole, and I'm
> not even sure that's how our domain got mixed up there. The support staff
> I've spoken with have denied the existence of DNS sinkholing at Spectrum,
> and demonstrated they lack the basic technical sophistication needed to
> understand the concept.

Yeah, that's the problem.  And given stuff like this link below, I
wouldn't expect their legal department to be any better.  Clearly there is
someone somewhere who is competent because their network mostly works, but
damned if I know how to find them.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/7/29/23282522/charter-spectrum-customer-murder-forged-terms-of-service

R's,
John