SRI's Dan Lynch dies

Sajit Bhaskaran sajit at aspen-networks.com
Mon Apr 1 18:12:39 UTC 2024

RIP Dan Lynch. It is worth adding that he was also the founder of the
Interop shows in the mid 80s which achieved a great deal in terms of
advancing TCP/IP adoption, and inter-operability testing was a big deal
back then when the future of TCP/IP was also not at all certain, as it
was in competition then with the ISO/OSI protocol suite. Dan's efforts
and passion as an entrepreneur created an exponentially growing
community of users and vendors all over the world that made the TCP/IP
protocol suite the de facto standard. Thanks very much for sharing.
Today we take the Internet for granted. It could have been very different.