Discord contacts

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Fri Sep 29 12:53:47 UTC 2023

On Fri, Sep 29, 2023 at 12:33:57PM +0000,
 Drew Weaver <drew.weaver at thenap.com> wrote
 a message of 172 lines which said:

> Any contacts from Discord here? Just started seeing cloudflare blocking 250,000 IP addresses.

There is an unsubstiantated rumor (based on the fact that, from the
same IP address, it works with one browser but not the other) that
Cloudflare detects somehow programs that run a vulnerable version of
libwebp and block them (may be there are dangerous images sent on
Discord). As I said, no evidence, just a rumor, but a funny one.