what is acceptible jitter for voip and videoconferencing?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 00:11:39 UTC 2023

Dear nanog-ers:

I go back many, many years as to baseline numbers for managing voip
networks, including things like CISCO LLQ, diffserv, fqm prioritizing
vlans, and running
voip networks entirely separately... I worked on codecs, such as oslec, and
early sip stacks, but that was over 20 years ago.

The thing is, I have been unable to find much research (as yet) as to why
my number exists. Over here I am taking a poll as to what number is most
correct (10ms, 30ms, 100ms, 200ms),

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:ugcPost:7110029608753713152/

but I am even more interested in finding cites to support various
viewpoints, including mine, and learning how slas are met to deliver it.

--
Oct 30: https://netdevconf.info/0x17/news/the-maestro-and-the-music-bof.html
Dave Täht CSO, LibreQos