Zayo woes

Matt Erculiani merculiani at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 16:06:57 UTC 2023

>  they are left with having to run something that they never really wanted
until they can figure out what to do with it

Buy enough Dark Fiber providers, you'll eventually acquire an ISP
Buy enough ISPs, you'll eventually acquire a Colo
Buy enough Colos, you'll eventually acquire a small Cloud
Buy any small Clouds and you're guaranteed to acquire managed services for
small companies.

Now you've gone from being Layer 0 only catering whales, to dabbling in
Layer 7 at Dr. Morris's Family dentistry.

Spin off what you don't want, and repeat.

-Matt

--
Matt Erculiani, NREMT
ERCUL-ARIN