Guest Column: Kentik's Doug Madory, Last Call for Upcoming ISOC Course + More

Sylvain Baya abscoco at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 18:29:52 UTC 2023

Dear NANOG-ers,
Hope this email finds you in good health!

Le jeudi 7 septembre 2023, Anne Mitchell <amitchell at isipp.com> a écrit :

> > [...]
> >
> > can we please get URLs without all the invasive tracking?
>
> list-manage.com is Mailchimp;

Hi Anne,
Thanks for your email.

Sure! but the question could be:
Isn't why the mailinglist was chosen? :-/

> not sure it's possible to turn off tracking when using an ESP like that.
> :-(

It should be simply a matter of sharing an URI with
 a title and small intro...

The content of the email could be collected via a
FLOSS RSS [1] feed agregator and sent to the
mailinglist, in a regular basis.
__
[1]: <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS>

No need to "over" track list-ers.
...that kind of MitM [2] isn't desirable/necessary!
__
[2]: <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keep_away>

Shalom,
--sb.