it's mailman time again

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Sat Sep 2 17:17:07 UTC 2023

It appears that Aaron de Bruyn via NANOG <aaron at heyaaron.com> said:
figured out how to connect that list to your Slashdot account, and
broke in? That's quite a stretch.

More likely some Slashdot subcontractor sold it*, or you logged in
from a device that was compromised somehow. Or maybe it was just brute
forced.

R's,
John

* - I use tagged email on all my subscriptions and it's amazing how
passwords leak from places like the Wall Street Journal and the
Economist who really should know better. On the other hand, the NY
Times and WaPo don't leak, so pick your subcontractors carefully.