Lossy cogent p2p experiences?

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Fri Sep 1 13:29:12 UTC 2023

On Fri, 1 Sept 2023 at 14:54, Mark Tinka <mark at tinka.africa> wrote:

> When we switched our P devices to PTX1000 and PTX10001, we've had
> surprisingly good performance of all manner of traffic across native
> IP/MPLS and 802.1AX links, even without explicitly configuring FAT for
> EoMPLS traffic.

PTX and MX as LSR look inside pseudowire to see if it's IP (dangerous
guess to make for LSR), CSR/ASR9k does not. So PTX and MX LSR will
balance your pseudowire even without FAT. I've had no problem having
ASR9k LSR balancing FAT PWs.

However this is a bit of a sidebar, because the original problem is
about elephant flows, which FAT does not help with. But adaptive
balancing does.

--
  ++ytti