OSP Management

Eric Kuhnke eric.kuhnke at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 22:29:21 UTC 2023

On that topic, I find it interesting to see how different medium/regional
scale ISPs have developed their own in-house GIS systems, once they reach
the size and scale where one FTE staff position to run GIS systems/database
backend is a necessity.

There is a great deal that can be done with QGIS and entirely GPL/BSD
licensed software, if your GIS person has a background in this sort of
thing.

Privately hosting a intranet-based tile-server for openstreetmap data and
overlaying your own network on top of it is not extremely difficult.