[EXTERNAL] Charter DNS servers returning malware filtered IP addresses

Compton, Rich A Rich.Compton at charter.com
Mon Oct 30 21:16:34 UTC 2023

No, Charter doesn't use those.  Charter runs its own anycasted recursive nameservers.

On 10/30/23, 2:46 PM, "NANOG on behalf of Livingood, Jason via NANOG" <nanog-bounces+rich.compton=charter.com at nanog.org <mailto:charter.com at nanog.org> on behalf of nanog at nanog.org <mailto:nanog at nanog.org>> wrote:

CAUTION: The e-mail below is from an external source. Please exercise caution before opening attachments, clicking links, or following guidance.

On 10/30/23, 16:02, "John R. Levine" <johnl at iecc.com <mailto:johnl at iecc.com> <mailto:johnl at iecc.com <mailto:johnl at iecc.com>>> wrote:

> I have no idea whether Charter uses one of these, some other third party,
or their own.

They don't use those providers as far as I am aware. I've alerted someone from CHTR of this thread.

JL

E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or storage of this message or any attachment is strictly prohibited.