Acceptance of RPKI unknown in ROV

Aftab Siddiqui aftab.siddiqui at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 20:43:37 UTC 2023

On Thu, 19 Oct 2023 at 1:37 pm, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

> I ask because there was discussion at the ARIN meeting and Kevin Blumburg
> made the suggestion that “in 2024, routes will not be accepted without
> ROAs”.

As someone who was there, that’s misrepresentation of what Kevin said. Im
sure  he can jump in and share his detailed point of view, but his point
was many operators and cloud providers are already demanding to have a
valid ROA to peer or use their services and that most likely become a
requirement moving forward.

For legacy resource holders it is a problem but then it’s a bureaucratic
issue rather technical and technology has a solution called SLURM.