MX204 tunnel services BW

Delong.com owen at delong.com
Mon Oct 16 21:28:11 UTC 2023

Looks like the MX204 Is a bit of an odd duck in the MX series. It probably shares some hardware characteristics under the hood (even the MX80 (mostly, there was a variant that had pre-installed interfaces) had MIC slots).

The MX-204 appears to be an entirely fixed configuration chassis and looks from the literature like it is based on pre-trio chipset technology. Interesting that there are 100Gbe interfaces implemented with this seemingly older technology, but yes, looks like the PFE on the MX-204 has all the same restrictions as a DPC-based line card in other MX-series routers.

Owen