Add communities on direct routes in Juniper

Jason R. Rokeach jason-at-nanog.lb61g at 8shield.net
Sun Oct 15 12:50:24 UTC 2023

Hi Stanislav,
I believe this is what you are looking for:

[edit]
jcluser at Lothlorien-MX1# show | compare
[edit interfaces lo0 unit 0 family inet]
        address 10.0.0.0/32 { ... }
+       address 5.5.5.5/32;
[edit protocols bgp]
-   export IPV4-STATIC;
+   export [ IPV4-STATIC TAG-DIRECT ];
[edit policy-options]
+   policy-statement TAG-DIRECT {
+       from {
+           protocol direct;
+           route-filter 5.5.5.5/32 exact;
+       }
+       then {
+           community set MYCOMMUNITY;
+           accept;
+       }
+   }
[edit policy-options]
+   community MYCOMMUNITY members 5:5;

[edit]
jcluser at Lothlorien-MX1# commit
commit complete

[edit]
jcluser at Lothlorien-MX1# run show route advertising-protocol bgp 172.19.0.2 detail | find 5.5.5.5
* 5.5.5.5/32 (1 entry, 1 announced)
 BGP group RR-LOADBALANCER type External
     Nexthop: Self
     AS path: [65000] I