ARIN whois contact abuse from ipv4depot aka Silicon Desert International Inc

Delong.com owen at delong.com
Thu Oct 12 17:48:58 UTC 2023

RIPE != ARIN

RIPE has a very lessez faire attitude towards network abuse and always has. It’s rather unfortunate.

ARIN, OTOH, has a clear understanding of their mandate, and they won’t pursue abuse outside of that mandate (e.g. general SPAM complaints, DDOS, etc.), but they will pursue complaints within their mandate pretty effectively (e.g. abuse of WHOIS data beyond the AUP, fraudulent address acquisition, incorrect WHOIS data, etc.)

YMMV.

Owen