xfinity not working

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Wed Oct 11 22:00:57 UTC 2023

On Wed, Oct 11, 2023 at 12:32 PM Delong.com <owen at delong.com> wrote:
> Nope… My Surfboard 8611 has that (just Cable<->single ethernet port).

Cool. The models I have only bridge.

> The SRX-340 provides a backup simple network (SRX LAN ->NAT->$CABLECO) in case things go wrong with the (usually more reliable multi-homed) network. (

Yeah, that's why I've been messing with Xfinity this week. I've been
stalling since I moved in last year, waiting to see how long
Centurylink fiber would work flawlessly enough that I didn't need a
second carrier. Last year I got a hold of some cable modems, made sure
I could reach the Xfinity activation service, and then I set it aside.
I figured that in a pinch I could do Internet off my phone long enough
to plug everything back in and get Xfinity up and running.

After the glitch a couple weeks ago when Centurylink sent me bursts of
other peoples' data for a day or so, I figured it was time to put a
second provider back in my mix. Imagine my surprise this week when I
went ahead and bought service, went back to the activation page, and
it didn't work.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--