maximum ipv4 bgp prefix length of /24 ?

borg at uu3.net borg at uu3.net
Wed Oct 11 09:38:46 UTC 2023

Well, I think the sane solution would be to push customers/clients
into IPv6 and keep services IPv4. Then start moving services to dualstack.

Most of todays customers/clients are consumers. They just connect to server
to get data, watch movies, listen to music. Gaming is similar. That way,
ISPs could do NAT64 thingie to provide IPv6 -> IPv4 bridges. More IPv4
addresses would be freed for power users. After decade, IPv4 could be nearly
gone.

If only IPv6 would suck so badly... ;)