maximum ipv4 bgp prefix length of /24 ?

Delong.com owen at delong.com
Tue Oct 10 19:55:36 UTC 2023

Isn’t this supposed to be one of the few ACTUAL benefits of RPKI — You can specify the maximum prefix length allowed to be advertised within a shorter prefix and those (theoretically) block hijackers taking advantage of advertising more specifics to cut you off?

While I recognize that RPKI is not ubiquitous, enough of the major backbones are dropping RPKI invalids that I think any sort of hijacking in violation of that wouldn’t be very effective today.

YMMV of course, but that seems to me to be a far better solution (almost enough to make me rethink the questionable value of RPKI) than disaggregation.

Owen