maximum ipv4 bgp prefix length of /24 ?

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Oct 5 19:13:40 UTC 2023

Ratio of FIB to RIB is only part of the equation.

IPv6 is NOT under the disaggregation pressure that IPv4 is under because there is no pressure (other than perhaps scarcity mentality from those that don’t properly understand IPv6) to dense-pack IPv6 assignments or undersize IPv6 allocations.

Look at the difference in prefixes per ASN across the two tables and that tells a much grimmer story for IPv4 in terms of RIB growth vs. IPv6.

Owen