U.S. test of national alerts on Oct. 4 at 2:20pm EDT (1820 UTC)

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Wed Oct 4 19:00:29 UTC 2023

On Wed, 4 Oct 2023, Ryan A. Krenzischek wrote:

> Yes, I already tried rebooting several times.  Perhaps a large hammer will fix it!  At least I know I'll be well notified in an emergency.

Everytime you turn off a mobile device, it clears the cache of previous
alerts.

You will receive the alert again when you turn the phone on, because the
cache will be empty.  In theory, after receiving the alert, the serial
number will be in the cache.

I do not know why Apple and Google software engineers have trouble with
their phone software.