U.S. test of national alerts on Oct. 4 at 2:20pm EDT (1820 UTC)

Collider large.hadron.collider at gmx.com
Wed Oct 4 18:45:06 UTC 2023

Some people have to for their safety or medical health (e.g. they're hiding a burner phone from an abusive relative, or their blood pressure goes up dangerously high when jumpscared).

The kinds of people who remove batteries from smoke alarms are going to unfortunately use this affordance, if it's offered. I say let them.