MX204 tunnel services BW

Tom Beecher beecher at beecher.cc
Tue Oct 3 13:30:13 UTC 2023

> AIUI, with Trio, you don’t have to disable a physical port, but that comes
> at the cost of “Tunnel gets whatever bandwidth is left after physical port
> packets are processed” and likely some additional overhead for managing the
> sharing.

This was pretty much my understanding as well, last time I dealt with this.
On MPC/Trio , you just enabled tunnel-services on a given PIC, and landed
your tunnel there. The tunnel capacity was just part of the PFE capacity.

Was only on pre-Trio that the bandwidth keyword was required, and that
actually reserved that much capacity strictly for the tunnel.