Advantages and disadvantages of legacy assets

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu Nov 23 14:04:35 UTC 2023

Gary -

It is unclear if/when such an outcome will occur, but the potential of such an endstate highlights the importance of being involved in governance activities of one (or more) of the community-based RIR organizations – as a preparatory measure should such a change occur in the future.

Note that there is a near-universal expectation of governments that forbearance of public regulation (due to industry self-regulation) is only warranted when the private alternative covers all of those engaged in similar business, so your expressed trajectory has a sound basis.

Best wishes (& Happy Holidays!),
/John

John Curran
President and CEO