.US Harbors Prolific Malicious Link Shortening Service

Eric Kuhnke eric.kuhnke at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 20:17:32 UTC 2023

I've seen a US based ISP do its internal management network reverse DNS
using '.us' as a suffix, where the hierarchy is like POP name, then
city/airport code, then state (eg: CA, NJ, FL), then .us for geographical
location of equipment in USA.

The .us domain in question was owned by the same organization but with only
a stub zone file published on public facing authoritatiev NS, with the
internal zonefile not available to the public.