Do ISP's collect and analyze traffic of users?

michael brooks - ESC michael.brooks at adams12.org
Tue May 16 16:44:37 UTC 2023

First NANOG post, the topic compels me to chime in.

For me, the question also implies that user-side we are attempting to scrub
any of the data we volunteer on social media (or other) platforms. I am
careful about what I volunteer up to the Internetz, and have been since my
first AOL floppy experience.... So, the question of do the ISPs collect
data is particularly important because regardless of how careful I am to
anonymize my own contribution to my "online profile," Tom's assessment is
the bleakest possible picture for anyone attempting to limit the data set
which represents us.

michael brooks
Sr. Network Engineer
Adams 12 Five Star Schools
"flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss"

--
 <https://www.adams12.org/>