Routed optical networks

Mark Tinka mark at tinka.africa
Thu May 11 15:08:49 UTC 2023

On 5/11/23 15:50, Vasilenko Eduard via NANOG wrote:

> Hi Jared,
> Could I make a conclusion from your comments: "only Carrier itself understand the traffic - see many examples in the text".
> I would very agree to this.

I wouldn't say only carriers understand the traffic as much as I would
say carrier's traffic is more transparent, and perhaps, even more
readily available.

I just think that it is not relevant to try and lump network and content
traffic into one growth pattern. For all intents & purposes, there are
two Internets running side-by-side between network and content. They
converge at some point, but really, they are very different.

Mark.